Study in Ireland Virtual fair is an online event where you can talk personally by text, audio or video with senior admission staff of universities and colleges from Ireland. You can ask any questions about the application procedure and deadlines, the visa process, accommodation options, course costs and campus life, and everything you need to know about studying in Ireland and how it can enhance your career prospects.
As soon as you have completed your registration for the event, you will receive a special email with instructions on how to access the event’s platform. BUT before that, you will need to create an account and verify your email – and don’t forget to check your spam if you don’t get it. Then on the day, you can just login from the link in your email and start chatting but we recommend you login at least 5 minutes before the event starts so you can look around and get additional information on the universities you like best.
You simply need to click on the link in your confirmation email to access the event and login.
If not, and you haven’t yet registered, you need to follow these steps:
- Click on REGISTER/LOGIN button to switch to REGISTER page if you're not yet registered
- Create your account by entering your name, email and email address.
- Verify your email by pressing the Verify email” button sent to your email. If you don’t see it, please check your spam.
- Once you have done that, you will enter the system where you will have to answer a few simple questions and complete your registration
- HOT TIP: You can have multiple answers to some questions like “where would you like to study” and “What subject are you interested in?”.
First, make sure your camera – unless of course you do not want to talk by video and would prefer audio or text – and Microphone are turned on and the sound is turned up.
After you Log in and enter the event, you will see some instructions and can watch a very short video of how the event works. You will then enter the event lobby where you can see all the international universities, education institutions and government agencies and can start talking with them. You can talk to as many as you want and you can also participate in the live webinars – the schedule is always available for you to see on the right hand side of the page.
Enter a booth
In the Event Lobby you will see the institutions who are participating at the event. Scan through them and decide which booths you want to visit. Click the “Enter” button on a booth you are interested in. Once you enter: Click to chat Click the green “Chat” button at the upper right to indicate you are interested in chatting with a representative. Some institutions may ask you to answer a few questions about the course you are interested in talking about before beginning the chat. If the representative/s are busy with others, you will be placed in a chat line and may have a short wait. During the time you can look around the event, learn more about institutions or watch webinars. You will then hear a “bell” notification – this is also why you need to have the sound turned up – when it is your turn to chat with a representative. You press the green chat button to accept, and you will automatically be taken to the chat screen to start your conversation. You will chat directly with a representative while on this page. Reply quickly to questions and use short sentences to maximise your time as you have a limited chat period with each representative.
After the Chat
When you have finished your chat, you will be directed to a chat review page. This page will allow you to send a final message to the person you were talking with, rate your chat and make comments – only visible to you – about the chat and/or the institution or representative. When you are done, click the “Finish” button to return to the Event Lobby to choose who you want to chat with next. It’s important to add notes and rate your chat, especially if you participate in more than one conversation. You can access the chat history and your comments for up to 6 months by clicking “History”. To access the lobby after the event is finished, enter the event just as you would if it were live.
Likely Questions to Ask at a Fair
- What countries do your students typically come from?
- Are there many other students there from (your country of origin)?
- Will I have a chance to meet with other students from my country?
- Can you tell me a bit about the town/city in which the institution is located?
- Can you tell me some of the best things about your university/course?
- Why is your course better than others?
- What are the entrance requirements?
- When can I start the course? January? August? September?
- Are there any language requirements?
- How much does the course / total programme cost?
- Are there any fees in addition to the course costs I need to pay?
- Can I pay my tuition fees in instalments? If no, are there other payment options?
- What is the deadline to apply?
- Is there a discount/advantage/reason I should apply early?
- Are you teaching classes in person now or is it all online?
- When do you expect to have classes that are not online?
- Can I start online and continue after?
- Can I work while I am studying or during vacation time? (undergraduate only)
- How long before you decide whether I am accepted or not?
Every event has the duration of 4 hours. Therefore, if you are busy in the first hours of the event, you can always join it later. In fact, visit as many times as you like over the four hours. Even if you join for an hour, you could have up to 10 chats, then come back for more in an hours time.
Don’t forget to add the event date and times in your calendar!.
Even after the event is finished, you can still contact the institutions you have spoken with. Your chat history is saved in the specific events where the chats took place. Many will probably have sent you an email immediately after your chat so you can also talk to them that way.
To access your chat history, Click on the “History” icon in the navigation bar on the left. The “History” page is where you can view the total number of chats that you participated in during the live event.
Click on a chat and you can view your rating for the representative, their profile, and a booth overview and even choose to add a note about the conversation you had. In addition, you can also view your chat summary. If you click transcript, you will see the entire text conversation too.
We apologise for your experience. Please send us an email via the form below and we will be in touch to assist you. Alternatively, you can send us a WhatsApp Message